Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rest Our Hearts In Him

Rest our hearts in Him.
Rest forever in Him.
Starting now, even then,
we could have seen..
we could have been.

Rest our hearts in Him,
forever and ever in Him...
starting right now, and yet...
again...
our wand'ring thoughts led on...
to places that we would not,
should not have seen...
places that we dare not have breeched
Sorrow, lead on, o'r the long road of pain
Anxious midst the thoughts of living yet lost... again

The path once led upward, now plunges earthward
Dreams dashed down,
Falling down;
Broken down;
Broken......
ground

The path once light and cheery has turned to a self made hell...
Rest is forgotten,
life's joys spilled out to languish in a pit of bitter despair...

But He bids us...
Rest our lonely hearts in Him
Rest our wand'ring hearts in Him
"It is for you, expressly you, that I died"
you hear the whispered thought.
Dare I hear?
Dare I believe?
Dare I look up?
Dare the light, to my eye, illumine?
Where folly of hope... foolishness of my hope...
lay bare?

Still He bids us...
Rest our lonely hearts in Him
“Let it go and rest” we hear the voice in our hearts
“You can... Rest your lonely hearts in Me.
It’s not your thought. It’s not your way. Your ways are death... It’s Me!
Rest your lonely hearts in me.
Dare to rest.
Relax to find...
Your rest in Me.
For I am able...
...and you meet ALL my qualifications”...

"Come to me all ye that are weary and heavy laden and...
...I will give you rest"

“Come now, my beloved and... Rest your lonely hearts...
...in Me.”

Larry Grizzle
05/26/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment